An essential part of dance training involves the maintenance of an attractive appearance. Steps Ahead Dance Studio requires proper dance attire and shoes in class. Check with your child's instructor if you are unsure of the class requirements. We supply all dance apparel in-house for your convenience.
At the start of every year, Steps Ahead reserves the right to split, cancel, or add classes. If you are registered and a decision is made to make any changes to the class schedule, you will be notified immediately.
Coming to class on a regular basis is important to your child’s growth as a dancer. Please make every effort to make all scheduled classes. Should there be a conflict with your child's schedule, please let us know in advance and we will work together to find a class schedule that is more accommodating.
Monthly tuition is due the first week of every month. If your payment is received after the first week, your account will be charged with a $25 late fee.
Steps Ahead Dance Studio follows the public school system when it comes to weather-related school closures. If you are unsure if classes are being delayed or postponed due to inclement weather, please check our Instagram and Facebook pages, or you can call the studio.
The driveway is available for your convenience. Please be considerate to others by properly utilizing any and all space provided. To avoid any problems, please do not block any of the neighboring
If your child is performing in our annual recital, a $40 costume deposit is required for each class your child takes. All deposits are collected from October 1st through November 18th (cash only!). Balances are due no later than February 1st.
1. Waiting Area Closed
- In order to comply with capacity guidelines, our waiting area is closed and only accessible to students and staff of Steps Ahead Dance Studio. Any exceptions will require a face covering. You may drop off and pick up your dancer at the front door.
2. What to Bring
- Only bring necessary items. Please bring a water bottle, labeled with your child's name, as well as dance shoes required for the scheduled class of the day. Large dance bags are not permitted. Outdoor shoes must be removed before entering the waiting area and placed in a cubby.
3. Face Masks
- Dancers are required to wear a facemask upon entering and exiting the studio. Once placed in their socially distant spots, dancers are allowed to remove their masks. Please store all facemasks in a Ziploc bag, labeled with your child's name on it, which will be placed on a rack throughout the duration of the class. Your child is expected to wear a facemask when going to and from the bathroom, as well.
4. Temperature Checks
- Upon entering the studio, our staff will take the temperatures of dancers using a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4* F or above will not be permitted to remain on-site. Please do not come to class if you or anyone in your family are not feeling well.
5. Hand Sanitizer
- Steps Ahead Dance Studio will provide hand sanitizer. Dancers and staff will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the dance studio. Please do not come to class if you or anyone in your family is not feeling well.
6. Social Distancing
- Dancers are asked to stay apart in the waiting area and in the studio. Social distance markings will be placed in the studio for all classes.
7. Class End Times
- Classes will end up to 5-10 minutes early during heavy traffic transition times in order to allow our staff to sanitize the studio properly. A deep clean will be done daily and a professional grade UV light will be used to sanitize the studio when we are closed to ensure Steps Ahead Dance Studio is in compliance with all CDC protocols.